We Take Risks!
Please find important ticket information at the bottom of this page!
At this crossroads of idea and impulse, something beautifully UnWrote is waiting.
A collaboration between scripted and unscripted theater, UnWrote boldly dives into the wild unknown with carefully crafted but unfinished scripts as a jumping off point. Aiming to describe what an audience can expect from such an endeavor would be folly, but it can be said with certainty, UnWrote is a brilliant adventure, wholly unique, courageous and entertaining. Eight unfinished scripts by professional playwrights will be featured, one per night. Each script consists of four to six character descriptions and six pages of dialogue. The scripts are unseen by the actors until the very moment they take the stage. Each character description is read aloud, and the audience is given the task of casting each role from the actors on stage. Now with scripts in hand, the play begins. But once the written words run out, the actors must simply drop the scripts and finish the unwrote play improvisationally. With the playwright in the audience, the stakes are high, great care is given to honoring the playwright's voice and delighting them with inspiration.
Conceived by Domeka Parker
Directed by Domeka Parker
Scripts Curated by Sara Jean Accuardi
Fertile Ground Festival Dates:
January 19, 20, 26, & 27
7:30 p.m. / doors open at 7 p.m.
Additional Run Dates:
Jan 12 & 13
- Tickets will NOT be shipped. They will be waiting for you at the box office on show night!
- Most shows have a pay what you can option. We offer this because we never want money to keep you from attending great theater. We hope you'll use this option with care. PWYC tickets are only available at the door on show night.
- Doors open half an hour before Prime Time shows and 15 minutes before Late Night shows.
- Street parking is generally available.
- Deep End Theater is ADA accessible.
- Shows are ALL AGES unless otherwise noted.
- We serve beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages and snacks.